Image result for media

         Personally, I consume a lot of media daily, but I do not think that I actually take all of what I see or hear and apply it to my life. I like to live my life knowing that I am who I am because of who I want to be, not because of what others want me to be. Who I am is based on all the ways of life I see in the media and around me, but I feel I take different parts of different ways of life into mine. Being aware of media I have not watched as much of a variety of media because I have realized I have started judging all types of media. Even the media I used to watch every day. I don’t watch as many shows anymore because I have realized some of the ideas they are portraying to the viewers, so my list of what I watch have narrowed done. I have also started to really only watch shows that I have recorded because then I don’t have to watch the commercials anymore. By learning about how companies try to sell us products I can’t stand watching commercials that have women who are sticks, who are considered “perfect.”
    I truly believe it is very important that all people learn in school how companies try to sell consumers products and the messages music, tv shows, or movies give the viewers. By teaching people at a young age the impact of media and the techniques behind the media, there will be less bullying and less of people being ashamed of themselves because they don’t look or act a certain way. For example, if people knew the tactics that the companies used to sell their products like using skinny people and making them even skinnier with photoshop, then maybe just maybe women and girls will stop being judged as much because of how they look.  
    By posting these blogs and learning about how media portrays different ideas I have been able to see life in a clearer way. I have been able to watch certain commercials and tv shows and point out some messages they are sending to viewers. Based on of the messages they show to viewers I take it into consideration when I choose to watch a show or a movie. Because when I watch a show I normally binge watch it. So if the show is sending a bad message out to their viewers I can easily point it out and most likely decide to stop watching the show. Learning about the media I have more of a positive vibe in my life because I look out for different messages and products shows, music, or movies are trying to portray and sell. I try to only watch or listen to media that I believe do not make people feel bad about themselves on purpose. Though most media makes you feel bad about yourself, there are some media such as music that don’t.
    I am grateful to have learned about the media production world because it has given me more confidence in my life. I have been more content with who I am and who I portray myself to be to others. I know am more conscious of what I watch and consume from the media. I also have been more aware of the problems in life such as the degrading of look whether it be towards women or men.  I hope in the future more people will learn about the media and fight back against the negativity it portrays in our society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is "Cool" a good thing?